Founded in 1854, Central Methodist University is a four-year private university, fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Universities. Central offers educational opportunities ranging from high-school dual credit to graduate degrees and has a total enrollment of more than 5,200 students statewide. CMU's main campus (known as the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences-CLAS) is located in Fayette, Missouri.
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Undergraduate Profile
- Freshman Class Average: GPA - 3.44, ACT - 22
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 15 to 1
- Average Class Size: 17
- Facts and Figures from College Navigator: CLAS CGES
- Campus and Student information from UCAN
- Athletics: Central Methodist University is a member of the NAIA
- Athletic Teams - Men: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field
- Athletic Teams - Women: Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Spirit Squad, Track and Field, Volleyball
College of Graduate and Extended Studies
The College of Graduate and Extended Studies (CGES) has sites across the state including Clinton, Columbia, Lake of the Ozarks, Linn, Macon, Park Hills, Poplar Bluff, Rolla, Sedalia, St. Louis, Trenton, Union, and Waynesville.
Mission and Creed
Central Methodist University prepares students to make a difference in the world by emphasizing academic and professional excellence, ethical leadership, and social responsibility.
The Central Methodist University community, consistent with its United Methodist heritage, strives for academic excellence, individual achievement, and social responsibility. As members of that community we believe in:
- Seeking knowledge, truth, and wisdom;
- Valuing freedom, honesty, civility, and diversity;
- Living lives of service and leadership; and
- Taking responsibility for ourselves and the communities in which we live.