Founded in 1854, Central Methodist University is a private university fully accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Central offers educational opportunities ranging from high-school dual credit to graduate degrees and has a total enrollment of more than 5,200 students statewide. CMU's main campus (known as the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences-CLAS) is located in Fayette, Missouri. The main campus in Fayette is tobacco free as of July 1, 2013.
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Undergraduate Profile
- Freshman Class Average: GPA - 3.44, ACT - 22
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 16.5 to 1
- Average Class Size: 17
- Facts and Figures from College Navigator: CLAS CGES
- Campus and Student information from UCAN
- Athletics: Central Methodist University is a member of the NAIA
- Athletic Teams - Men: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field
- Athletic Teams - Women: Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Spirit Squad, Track and Field, Volleyball
College of Graduate and Extended Studies
The College of Graduate and Extended Studies (CGES) has sites across the state including Clinton, Columbia, Lake of the Ozarks, Linn, Macon, Neosho, Park Hills, Poplar Bluff, Sedalia, St. Louis, Trenton, Union, and Waynesville.
Central Methodist University prepares students to make a difference in the world by emphasizing academic and professional excellence, ethical leadership, and social responsibility.
The Central Methodist University community, consistent with its United Methodist heritage, strives for academic excellence, individual achievement, and social responsibility. As members of that community we believe in:
- Seeking knowledge, truth, and wisdom;
- Valuing freedom, honesty, civility, and diversity;
- Living lives of service and leadership; and
- Taking responsibility for ourselves and the communities in which we live.
- Central Methodist University offers career oriented, student-centered education in the context of the liberal arts within an environment that supports self-discovery; social responsibility; racial, cultural, and ethnic diversity; and global understanding.
- Regardless of the educational setting, delivery system or program, there is a strong core faculty and a curriculum that is supported by relevant pedagogy.
- Nimble in our ability to respond to changing market needs, innovative programs are offered in new or newly renovated facilities.
- Students experience a compelling community of learners, faculty and alumni with a focus on individualized education. Students develop leadership skills through a variety of leadership opportunities, interface with professionals in many industries through corporate partnerships, and work with faculty in developing entrepreneurial initiatives.
Statement on Civility
Civility is upholding the values of respect, kindness, and diplomacy in our direct and indirect interactions with others. Diversity is recognizing differences between people and perceiving these differences as an asset to the community.