CMU is committed to providing a safe and secure environment conducive to promoting a respectful and educational atmosphere for all members of the campus community.
Dial 911 from any land line or mobile phone
Fayette Police 911: 660-248-3605
Ambulance 911: 660-248-2220
Important Campus Phone Numbers
Security: 660-202-0848, monitored 24/7
Residence Hall Director on Call: 660-888-8877
Office of Student Development: 660-248-6223 (M-F: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
Plant Operations: 660-248-6295 (M-F: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
About Campus Safety
Central Methodist University fulfills this mission by providing security services through Plant Operations. Using a combination of foot and vehicle patrols throughout all shifts, security officers are continuously visible on campus as a deterrent to crime. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Campus patrol
- Response to emergency situations on campus
- Reporting and documenting criminal activity on campus property
- Fire system evaluation, testing and monitoring
- Coordination with law enforcement agencies and other emergency services
- Safety/mechanical system monitoring for all campus buildings
- Identify, assess and address possible safety hazards on campus property
- Collect lost and found property and maintain inventory of items
Parking Permits and Enforcement
Campus parking permits and ticketing appeals are handled through the office of student development. Plant Operations is responsible for enforcing parking regulations.
Questions? Contact Wayne Morse, assistant director of plant operations, at email@example.com, call 660-248-6298, or stop by the Plant Operations Building during normal business hours. Safety and security concerns or related issues may be referred to him at any time.