Web Based Mobile Printing Wizard - login with your eagle username and password
Students on-campus can print using most web based devices, like laptops, iPads or
cell phones. Once logged in with their eagle account credentials, users are walked
through a simple wizard that allows them to upload or select an existing document,
choose a printer and print options, and then submit the print job for printing. Devices
can then print to printers in the information commons of the Library and any residence
hall computer lobby printer. In addition, students will be able to view their account
balances and printing history online.
File Types Supported for Upload:
- PDF - .pdf
- Images Files - .jpg, .gif, .png, .tif, .bmp, .wpf, .emf
- Documents - .doc, .docx, .txt, .rtf, .wps
- Spreadsheets - .xls, .xlsx, .csv
- Presentations - .ppt, .pptx
Central Methodist has network printers throughout campus. Typically the computer that you are using will automatically default to print to a nearby location. All students are assigned the default print quota of $50 at the beginning of every semester. Students may check their print quota by clicking on the Print Manager tree icon on the lower right-hand side of the taskbar.
Residence Hall Lobby Printers:
Black and white laser printing: $.05 per page
Students must provide their own paper for printers in residence hall lobbies.
Other Network Printers:
Black and white laser printing: $.10 per page
Duplex printing (2-sided): $.15
Color printing: $.25 per page
Additional credit for printing over and above the standard $50 allotted amount can be purchased in $5 increments. Please refer to our printing policy for complete information and our section on printing tips which will help minimize your printing and save money.
Priting in my Residence Hall Room
Many printers have wireless functionality. In order to ensure that the University wireless network has strong coverage throughout the residence halls for you and others, we do not allow printers to use their wireless functionality. You may still use a personal printer, however we recommend using a USB cable for all of your printing needs.
If you have a mobile device, one of the services provided to students is a dedicated 24-hour wireless printing station in each computer lab in the residence hall. Students are able to upload their file(s) to the selected printer from virtually anywhere on campus with an internet connection and then release the print job as needed.
Faculty & Staff
CMU has various network printers throughout campus that are available to faculty and staff.
If you have problems printing, follow the troubleshooting information. If you still have issues, contact the helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Installing a CMU Network Printer
- Choose the Start button
- Then type \\stormtrooper in the search,
- Next there will be a window with all the printers available on the network, double-click the printer you wish to add, it will take a few seconds and show its connecting. Note: You must have permission to the printer to add it.
- The task box for the selected printer with the printer name on stormtrooper and status at the top will appear.
Verify Installed Printers: To verify what printers you have installed on your computer simply choose the Start button, Devices and Printers. All of the printers on your machine will be displayed.
Delete a Printer: From the Devices and Printers window you can right-click on a printer and delete printer, deleting and re-adding a printer may help if you’re having connection problems.
Default Printer: From the Devices and Printers window you can easy see which printer is marked as default by the check mark on the printer. To change the default printer, right-click on the printer you wish to make default and choose set as default.
Note: From the Devices and Printers window you can also open the printers task box by clicking on the printer, from the task box you can manage the queue, change the printer preferences, see printer properties and set as the default printer.
- Reboot your Computer.
- Make sure the printer has power and is online.
- Turn it off for 10 seconds and on again to reinitialize any internal settings that may have gone astray.
- Start - Settings - Devices & Printers, right-click the printer.
- If there isn't a checkmark by "Set as Default", left-click that option to select it.
- Ensure that the tape that seals the cartridge ink port is removed prior to installing the cartridge.
- Use the printer's own self-test.
- The message "out of paper" is sometimes erroneously reported when there is plenty of paper, and can indicate a physical problem with the printer.
- Start - Settings - Devices & Printers
- Right-click the printer name, left-click Properties
- Choose the Print Test Page button
- Try deleting and re-adding the printer.