Master of Education
The Master of Education (MEd) program is designed for professional educators who want to develop their professional expertise and advance their career in education. Utilizing the field's most current research and accepted educational theories, the program prepares students for leadership roles as teachers, administrators or professionals who want to make a lasting impact in their schools and in the field of education.
About This Program
The MEd program at CMU is primarily designed for the growth and advancement of teaching professionals:
- Complete an accredited master's degree
- Complete requirements of the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education to advance through the tiered levels of teacher classifications
- Specific coursework can fulfill some requirements for obtaining additional content area endorsements or certification areas of the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Students pursuing the M.Ed. on the Fayette campus can choose from five concentration areas: Professional Teaching, Mathematics, Athletic Administration, Special Education, and Political Science.
- Concentration area coursework may be available online to M.Ed. students taking classes at CGES centers; speak with an advisor for details
Other CMU Master's Programs:
- Master of Music Education
- Master of Science in Clinical Counseling
- Master of Science in Mathematics
- Master of Science in Nursing
Students wishing to pursue a Master of Education must meet the requirements for acceptance into the graduate education program.