Service to the faith community is an exciting and important part of one's spiritual journey. Whether as ordained clergy, paid church staff, or active lay volunteer, success in ministry requires proper preparation. Central Methodist's Pre-ministry program is designed to provide students with the knowledge, skills, and experience necessary to minister effectively in a number of different settings and circumstances. The Pre-Ministry program is open to all students, regardless of academic major or denominational affiliation, who feel a calling to serve. The program focuses on:
- Academic coursework in Bible, Christian History, and Religious Studies.
- Assistance in arranging internships, camp counseling, community outreach, and other ministry opportunities.
- Providing contacts with seminaries from various mainline denominations.
- Arranging "peer mentoring" relationships in which seminary-bound students share their experiences with other interested students.
- Developing lay ministry programs in Youth Ministry, Christian Education, and Music Ministries.