Our Computer Science major is for you if you enjoy working with computers and have an interest in programming. Through this major, you will develop the skills you need to turn your passion for technology into an in-demand profession.
About This Program
The Computer Science major will build your analytical, communication and problem-solving
skills as you learn to investigate how computer systems function. You will develop
skills to prepare you for this ever-evolving field by taking classes focusing on database
technologies, programming languages, and hardware and software.
As a CMU Computer Science major, you will have opportunities to:
- strengthen your critical thinking and analytical skills during hands-on classes with focuses in networking, application programming, computing systems, databases and software packages
- develop a broad understanding of computer languages and build an in-demand skillset that prepares you for careers in business or industry
- evaluate and review systems, diagnose problems, and establish solutions
- Associate of Science in Computer Science - CLAS, CGES
- Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science - CLAS, CGES
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - CLAS, CGES
- a minor in Computer Science is available - CLAS, CGES
Other CMU Computer Science Programs:
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.