Learn to Change
Early Childhood Education
Do you envision yourself walking into a classroom and shaping young minds? Do you feel your teaching abilities can benefit the lives of children? Begin your journey with CMU’s Early Childhood Education major, and build the confidence and skills you need for a successful career.
About This Program
The Early Childhood Education major will prepare you for what to expect as a teacher
working with young children. Your leadership skills will strengthen as you focus on
many areas surrounding children’s development and educational needs. You will learn
about children’s emotions, thoughts, and behaviors, while building an in-demand skillset
that prepares you for a successful and rewarding career in childhood education.
As a CMU Early Childhood Education major, you will have opportunities to:
- enhance your skills while taking classes such as Introduction to Teaching, Educational Psychology, Methods of Teaching Mathematics in Elementary/Middle School, Children’s Literature, Creative Arts, Reading and Writing with Young Children, and more
- participate in hands-on learning through projects, presentations, practicum experiences, and internships
- obtain the educational background desired by schools
- receive the preparation needed to earn an advanced degree
- Bachelor of Science in Education - Early Childhood Education - CLAS, CGES
- Associate of Arts in Education - Early Childhood Education - CLAS, CGES
Other CMU Education Degrees
- Child Development
- Educational Studies
- Elementary Education
- Physical Education
- Middle School Education
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
- Master of Education
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.
After being accepted to CMU, students wishing to pursue a degree in Education must meet the additional requirements for full acceptance into the program.