The Science of the
If you have a passion for understanding environmental issues and appreciate the wonders that stem from our environment, the Environmental Science major at CMU is a great choice for you. In your studies, you will learn about the physical, chemical, and biological aspects of the environment.
About This Program
Students who study Environmental Science learn to identify, analyze, discuss, and solve environmental problems. This major will prepare you for a career as an environmental scientist capable of working in various fields including government, research, conservation, management, consulting, and writing.
As a CMU Environmental Science major, you will have opportunities to:
- develop a background in biology, chemistry, geology, meteorology, and physics
- improve communication, math, analysis, and reasoning skills
- participate in hands-on learning through research projects, internships, and classes focusing on the atmosphere, ecosystems, agriculture, wildlife, and the natural world
- receive unique learning experiences at CMU’s Besgrove-Hodge Nature Sanctuary
- Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Science - Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science - Biology
- Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Science - Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science - Chemistry
- a minor in Environmental Science and Science & Earth Science are available
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.