The ocean is an incredible place home to interesting species and unique mysteries waiting to be discovered. Marine Biology students at CMU prepare for successful and exciting careers while learning about life sciences and exploring the marine world, both in the classroom and during hands-on ocean experiences.
About This Program
Marine Biology is a diverse subject area that includes the study of everything from SCUBA to marine ecology, and mariculture to aquarium technology. In your studies, you’ll be exposed to various forms of cutting-edge laboratory practice and studies – receiving the practical experience employers believe is vital in the candidates they seek.
As a CMU Marine Biology major, you will have opportunities to:
- visit unique places where marine life can be studied, such as research labs and aquatic centers in Missouri, across the country and internationally
- develop enhanced skills while using SCUBA equipment, underwater cameras, video editing software, sonar, marine vessels, and microscopes
- become efficient in researching, calculating and tabulating information, compiling data, and presenting findings pertaining to marine life
- be prepared for in-demand careers in biology, oceanography, marine and plant ecology, toxicology, and much more
- Bachelor of Arts in Marine Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Marine Biology
- a minor in Marine Biology is available
Other CMU Biology Programs:
- Biology - concentration in Pre-Health Sciences
- Biology - concentration in Molecular Biology
- Biology - concentration in Wildlife Ecology and Conservation
- Environmental Science
- Middle School Education - Science Certification
- Secondary Education - Biology Certification
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.