Are you curious about genetic codes, DNA, cell functions, and what makes each human being unique? Join our other Molecular Biology students in CMU’s who are not only becoming knowledgeable in these areas, but are building skills and receiving hands-on experiences desired by top employers.
About This Program
he Molecular Biology major will teach you critical concepts and techniques to prepare you for a career in biology or for advanced study. You will develop a deep knowledge of and build in-demand skills in areas such as biochemistry, cell biology, genetics, and microbiology. Classes will expose you to various forms of cutting-edge laboratory practice and studies – preparing you for professional success.
As a CMU Molecular Biology major, you will have opportunities to:
- build an in-demand skill set while taking classes including Molecular and Cellular Biology, Microbiology, Genetics, Biochemistry, and Immunology
- become efficient in compiling data, presenting findings, and researching, calculating, and tabulating information
- participate in hands-on learning in laboratories, field experiences, and internships
- develop the knowledge and skills needed to pursue a career in fields including molecular biology, biotechnology, and health care
- receive the preparation desired to earn an advanced degree
Other CMU Biology Programs:
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.