Do you believe you were meant to perform? Would you like to take your musical talents to the next level? Your passion can lead to your professional success through our Music Performance options at CMU. Through this program, you will gain experience and knowledge in the many genres of music, and build the performance skills and confidence you desire.
About This Program
Through the Music Performance program, you have the option to choose between majoring in Vocal Performance, or Piano/Organ Performance. The classes you take will depend which area of study you choose, as 25 of your credit hours will specifically focus on one of these two majors. The experiences you gain and skills you develop will prepare you for the professional path you choose.
As a CMU Music Performance major, you will have opportunities to:
- take classes such as Music History, Instrumentation, Diction for Singers, Basic Conducting, Choral Arranging, and Major Ensemble
- improve leadership abilities both as an individual and as part of a team while developing advanced memory, concentration, and performance skills
- interact with a variety of audiences, evaluate and critique talents, and form new musical ideas
- showcase your talents through concerts, recitals, and other performance opportunities
- receive the preparation needed to earn an advanced degree
Bachelor of Music
Other CMU Music Programs:
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.
Students will interview and audition with a Swinney Conservatory faculty member, usually during a campus visit. Materials may include All-District or All-State audition music, solos or etudes. Students may also be asked to sight-read or perform scales.