Help others take the
Physical Therapist Assistant
The Physical Therapist Assistant program at CMU prepares students for a rewarding career as a physical therapist assistant (PTA). A PTA is an educated and licensed clinician that works under the direction and supervision of a licensed physical therapist. PTAs help people of all ages who have health-related conditions that affect physical function in their daily lives.
About This Program
The technical courses within the PTA program allow for hands-on learning in the classroom and laboratory. Students also participate in clinical experiences, which give them a real-world view of the PTA profession.
As a CMU PTA major, you will have opportunities to:
- gain the benefits of campus life on a four-year liberal arts campus while completing a two-year degree
- become eligible to sit for a national licensure exam to become licensed in the state where you practice
- receive the preparation needed to advance your education to the Bachelor of Health Science degree
- pursue a career providing care for people in a variety of settings, including hospitals, outpatient clinics, home-health agencies, schools, sports and fitness facilities, and nursing homes
Other CMU Programs:
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.
After being accepted to CMU, students wishing to pursue an associate's degree as a Physical Therapist Assistant must meet the additional requirements for acceptance into the PTA program.
Office of Admissions
- 411 Central Methodist Square
- Fayette Missouri 65248
- (Toll-free) 877-CMU-1854