If you have an interest in social phenomena, political systems, international relations, and public law, you will greatly benefit from CMU’s Political Science major. Through this program of study, you will develop the skills needed to turn your passion and interests into an in-demand profession.
About This Program
Our political science students become familiar with major authors, works, and theories of political science, political theory, and various political systems. They learn to apply skills of quantitative and qualitative data analysis to real-world social science data, and present, discuss and defend research.
As a CMU political science major, you will have opportunities to:
- become familiar with the canon of political science literature, and proficient in communicating the discipline of political science and philosophy
- enhance your understanding of many impactful political aspects in the world, such as war and terrorism
- develop from your participation in classes such as Legislative Politics, Constitutional Law, and International Problems and Relations
- participate in hands-on learning through research projects, field experiences, and internships in preparation for advancement into pre-law, graduate school, and in-demand professions
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Bachelor of Science in Political Science
- a minor in Political Science is available
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.