Religion & Church Leadership
If you feel drawn to religion, and have a desire to lead others through the church, education, ministries, or other areas, turn your passion into a profession with CMU’s Religion and Church Leadership major. You will gain vital experience and knowledge in many areas - building the leadership skills and confidence needed to professionally lead others in faith.
About This Program
Through the Religion and Church Leadership major, you will receive an education designed to guide you in the leadership roles in the church. You will take a core set of classes that establish a foundation in biblical studies, and choose from a variety of electives in religion. You also will take classes from other disciplines – providing a well-rounded educational experience that sets you up for professional success.
As a CMU Religion & Church Leadership major, you will have opportunities to:
- take classes such as Philosophy of Religion, History of Christianity, World Cultures, Biblical Literature and the Ancient World, Explorations in Christian Thought, Old Testament, and New Testament
- develop a broad understanding of cultural and social dynamics, ethics, and religions throughout the world
- learn fundamental skills in communication and management so you are prepared to successfully lead programs in ministry, education, and other areas
- experience hands-on learning through projects, presentations, internships, and field experiences
- receive the preparation needed to earn an advanced degree
- Bachelor of Arts in Religion & Church Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Religion & Church Leadership
Other CMU Religion Programs:
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.