If you would like to turn your passion for sports into a career, you should consider CMU’s Sports Management major. This program transitions an interest in athletics into professional employment, and educates students in a way that prepares them for a variety of careers. You will gain vital skills that instill confidence in your abilities as you stand out to employers.
About This Program
The Sports Management major specializes in many areas that could be considered “behind-the-scenes” in athletics. You will learn about game production, concessions, operations, and become knowledgeable in recreation. The “people skills” you build will assist you in business communications.
As a CMU Sports Management major, you will have opportunities to:
- become proficient in the operation, planning, and administration of athletic events
- enhance your skills while taking classes such as Sports Marketing and Events, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Psychology of Sport, Sport in Society, First Aid/Community CPR, and more
- take part in hands-on learning during projects, athletic events, and internship opportunities
- receive the preparation needed to take the next step into graduate school
- build a skill set that prepares you for a career in collegiate and professional athletics, recreation and parks, sports operations, and more
- Bachelor of Science in Sports Management - CLAS, CGES
- a minor in Sports Management is also available - CLAS, CGES
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.