Veteran Services

If you have questions regarding VA benefit programs, visit the GI Bill website or call the toll free education number: 1-888-442-4551. The Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) makes all determinations for which an individual qualifies.

In order for us to certify your enrollment, we need your Certificate of Eligibility. You may scan and email your Certificate of Eligibility to or You may also fax the form to 660-248-6392 or mail the form to Central Methodist University, c/o Dean's Office, 411 Central Methodist Square, Fayette, MO 65248.

The Request for Certification Form must be completed each semester. We will not automatically certify you again unless we are notified through completion of the online Request for Certification Form. Please be sure to check all on ground and online semesters/terms that apply.

As your Certifying Officials, you must notify the Dean's Office if you add or drop a course, withdraw from school, change your major, or make any other changes in your enrollment. Failure to do so may result in delay of benefit payment, or overpayment by the VA. The student will be held responsible for any overpayment of VA benefits. You must maintain satisfactory academic progress as outlined in the CMU catalog.

Questions? Call Denise Pihana at 660-248-6384 or Debbie Himmelberg at 660-248-6211 or email the addresses above.


Request for Certification Form



* For Chapter 35 we need the SS# of the Veteran whose benefits you will be using. Please be sure the full SS# is on your Certificate of Eligibility, or supply it by calling us at 660-248-6211.