New Student Checklist
Have you been accepted to CMU and ready to be an eagle? If so, please complete the items in the sections below.
- Submit final high school, AP, Dual Credit and/or college transcripts
- Sign scholarship letter and return to Office of Admission
- Pay enrollment deposit ($200 for resident students, $100 for commuter students)
- Incoming Freshman for the fall semester must complete the Pre-Scheduling Questionnaire
- Create your FSA ID if you have not done so already.
- Submit the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA). CMU's school code is 002453
- CMU's Priority Date for the FAFSA is March 15.
- The deadline for Access MO is April 1.
- If you are eligible to receive Veterans benefits please complete the Request for Certification form.
- Submit your Housing Application
- Submit the petition to live off-campus if you meet the posted guidelines
Sign-up to attend an Eagle Day (Students must fill out a FAFSA prior to attending a registration day.) Eagle Days fill up fast, so reserve your spot now!
- Saturday, April 8 (8:00 a.m. or 12:00 p.m.)
- Saturday, April 29 (8:00 a.m. or 12:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday, May 16 (8:00 a.m. or 12:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday, June 20 (9:00 a.m.)
Transfer Eagle Days
- Fall 2017 Transfer Days will be posted soon.
Log onto your myCMU Account
- Go to myCMU. (A link to myCMU is also in the top right corner of every CMU webpage.)
- Enter your username and password. If you're unsure of your username and password please contact the helpdesk at 660-248-6197 or email email@example.com.
- Click on the student tab and complete the following:
- FERPA form (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act - more information)
- Validation Checklist - Checklist students need to complete before the start of each semester.
- PlayNAIA.org is the official clearinghouse for the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) eligibility. Every student-athlete must register with the NAIA eligibility center to play sports at an NAIA college.
- Complete Athletic Training paperwork and insurance forms.
Want to get a head start on your college career? Reserve your books, find a campus job, or get connected!
Reserve your Textbooks
Reserve your books at the Eagle Store, learn more and fill out the book reservation form.
Find a Job
Find a campus work-study job beginning on August 3 through Eagle JobNet.
Get in the Know
- Follow CMU on social media where ever you are: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube.
- Get involved on campus, check out CMU's Student Organizations or Eagle Athletics.
- Check out Technology Services for all of your technology questions or register your laptop or desktop computer. Once you get to campus you can register your gaming system, smart phone or other device.
- Want to know more about different majors and classes? Check out the CLAS Course Catalog.
- Need help with a class? Visit the Center for Learning and Teaching.
- Want to know what Orientation will be like once you arrive on campus and when you move in? Visit our Orientation Page.
- Still have questions? Visit the stuff to know page and find out more about living and learning on campus.