Stuff You Need to Know

How do I get a Student ID card?
The Office of Student Development, located on the second floor of the Student and Community Center provides ID cards for students.

I need more information about health insurance options and parking, what do I do?
CMU does not carry health insurance for students. However, if a student has questions about insurance (which companies to contact) they could speak to Jill Pratte who handles the athlete's injury claims.

The Office of Student Development handles parking inquiries.

How do I find out what is going on around campus?
The fastest way is to refer to the campus event calendar or check out channel 4 when you are on campus.

Where can I find a job on campus?
Students should first check with the Office of Financial Assistance to verify work-study awards will fit into their financial aid award package. Upon verification of eligibility, students should contact the Office of Career Development to apply for openings.

What if I need to get some quarters for laundry?
There is a change machine located on the second floor of the Student and Community Center across from the mailboxes, next to the ATM machine.

What should I do if I get locked out of my residence hall room?
A resident assistant lives on each floor of every building on campus. If a resident assistant is not available, contact your resident hall director or the Office of Student Development (660-248-6223).

I'm living in one of the residence halls when I come to campus, how do I setup the voice mail in my room?
Check out the voice mail instructions.

How do I find out the phone number to my residence hall room?
You can always contact anyone from the Office of Student Development or check out the Residence Hall Directory.

How do I dial an outside number?
To dial an off-campus number, you must first dial 9, followed by the number. Please note that CMU does not provide long distance service so be sure to purchase a calling card.

Is there a directory of the various offices around campus?
View our online office directory or even search for a faculty or staff member by name. In addition, view our list of emergency contact numbers.

My parents want to send me a package in the mail. What do I tell them?
Students will have an assigned mailbox in the Student and Community Center. Packages are delivered daily to the campus mailroom. Students will be notified by a note in their mailbox when they receive a package in the mailroom. Students must pick-up packages in the mailroom between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.

My family is coming to visit, what options do they have for overnight accommodations or meals?
View the travel section of the site for information about those items as well as area churches, local banks, and transportation options.

What exercise facilities are available on campus?
In addition to our various playing facilities where athletic events are held, you will find a weight room, cardio room, and indoor pool on campus.



How do I get an e-mail account?
Your e-mail account information will be mailed to you as soon as you send in your deposit. Refer to CMU's account information for more details.

I'm bringing a computer to campus, what do you recommend?
The Office of Technology Services has you covered. Check out their recommendations.

Is there anything I should check or verify on my computer before I bring it to campus?
If you plan on using a computer in your residence hall room or on our wireless network, you must first register it on our network. You can register your computer from home (it works best if you have a high-speed internet connection).

Is there wireless internet on campus?
Yes, various hot spots are provided around campus. Check out the wireless page for more information.

Who do I call if I have a question about my computer, internet access, or other technology type things?
Contact the Office of Technology Services at 660-248-6197.