Your health is something to take seriously! If you are feeling a little "under the weather" help is close by!
- Exams by the nurse practitioner for acute, chronic and primary health care needs
- Prescriptions, order x-rays, blood tests and other laboratory testing
- In clinic tests: rapid strep, blood sugar, pregnancy, urine, TB tests
- Starter doses of over-the-counter medications
- Administration of allergy injections
Health Forms and Student Insurance
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, 45 C.F.R. parts 160 and 164 (HIPAA) provides for the confidentiality of medical records. This includes any medical information from our Director of Student Health Services. Any student can fill out the HIPAA Privacy Authorization Form, giving our Director permission to speak with the person(s) who are named on the form. A letter from the Director accompanies this form. Any questions about this form or other health-related issues can be directed to the Director of Student Health Services.
Required Health Forms
CMU requires all resident students and athletes to carry primary medical coverage. Athletes will need to show proof of coverage for participation in all practices and contests. Athletic claims should be coordinated with Jill Pratte at 660-248-6261 or email email@example.com.