Graduate School - Recommendations
How to get the letter of recommendation that will "WOW" them.
- Meet with the professor - "Would you be comfortable making a strong recommendation for my admittance into...?"
- Provide materials - Updated resume, unofficial transcript, specific form (type top section and waive right to view, plus stamped addressed envelope with your name and name of the institution on the front. Talk about Career aspiration/goals, information about the program you are applying, information that needs to be emphasized, and your contact information.
- Give reference three to four weeks to write recommendations - follow up by email if necessary
- Letters may be from non-professors - if allowed on application materials
- Follow up with a thank you note