Financial Assistance, ADP

Applying for Financial Assistance

Those students who may be qualified to receive stu­dent financial aid must first complete the Free Ap­plication for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or a re­newal application on an annual basis.

Access the FAFSA application at to complete the form electronically. Designate CMU as the school of choice by en­tering the Title IV school code– 002453. The FAFSA application should be submitted no earlier than January 1 but no later than June 30 of each year. Missouri students must have submitted their FAFSA to the Department of Education's processor by April 1 of each year to determine eligibility for Mis­souri State Aid. Students who process their FAFSA application after April 1 will not be considered for this source of financial assistance.

Each student must apply annually for all state and federal financial assistance by filing the FAFSA or Renewal Application.

Financial Assistance Requirements

Students will not receive any financial assistance if they owe refunds on grants, are in default on a loan previously issued by CMU or another college, or are not maintaining satisfactory progress in the course of study they are pursuing according to the standards and practices of the University. Refer to the Standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress to Maintain Financial Assistance Eligibility (next column).

All funding is awarded in accordance with state and federal policies and with those policies set forth by the Enrollment Management Committee and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, national origin, age, or federally defined disability in its recruitment and admission of students

Concerns regarding financial aid should be filed first with the Director of Financial Assistance. Appeals may be made to the Vice President of Finance and Administration.

Standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) to Maintain Financial Aid Eligibility

Minimum credit to maintain student financial assistance eligibility (pace of completion)

The undergraduate student must successfully pass 16 credit hours of every 24 credit hours attempted each academic year to maintain eligibility for Student Financial Assistance funds. An academic year consists of the student successfully passing 24 credit hours in at least 30 weeks. The Standards of Academic Progress (pace of completion) will be measured at the end of each academic year. The pace of completion is measured by the cumulative number of credit hours the student has completed / cumulative number of credit hours the student attempted.

The Adult Degree Program student is expected to successfully pass 16 credit hours out of each 24 credit hours attempted while maintaining the minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) stated below.

Students are expected to complete their degree within a 150% timeframe of the published length of the degree program to maintain Student Financial Assistance eligibility.

Credits Attempted

Min. Cum. GPA



  • Freshman (1-29 hours)       


  • Sophomore (30-59 hours)


  • Junior (60-89 hours)


  • Senior (90 or more hours)








35 or more



The Office of Financial Assistance performs reviews of Satisfactory Academic Progress at the end of each student's academic year, at which time students who fail to meet the minimum SAP requirements will have their financial aid terminated.

Refunds and Withdrawal

A student who wishes to withdraw from the University must obtain a withdrawal permit from the academic advisor. It is the student's responsibility to see that this withdrawal permit is completed and filed with the local Region Coordinator. The Adult Degree Program application fee and registration fee are non-refundable.

For stu­dents who withdraw, drop out, are dismissed, administratively withdrawn, or take a leave of ab­sence from CMU, the following refund schedule will be applied towards institutional charges including tuition. However, based on the refund calculations applied, a student is still responsible for any out­standing charges owed CMU. The Institutional Re­fund Policy is used for all calculation purposes and is outlined as follows:

  • 90% refund—after the first class meeting
  • 50% refund—after the second class meeting
  • 0% refund—the third class meeting and beyond

Courses lasting less than four (4) weeks are subject to the following policy:

  • 50% refund after the first class meeting
  • 0% refund from the second class meeting and beyond

Students receiving financial assistance are subject to federal regulation and financial aid policy governing refunds which determine what portion, if any, of the funds must be returned to the required aid pro­grams. For more information on this policy, stu­dents should contact the Office of Financial Assis­tance. Students should be aware that withdrawals have an impact on financial assistance.

Absence from class does not constitute withdrawal from the class or from CMU. Students who leave school without completing the withdrawal process will forfeit their claim to honorable dismissal and will receive a grade of "F" for all courses in progress. An honorable dismissal will be granted to all stu­dents who desire to withdraw from the University if they are in good academic standing, are not subject to discipline, have made satisfactory arrangements for settling their financial account, and file the com­pleted withdrawal form. Students who withdraw from the University will receive grades for the courses in which they are registered according to the grading policies.

The University reserves the right to withdraw any student from one or more classes or from the University for academic misconduct, excessive absence, disruptive behavior, or other sufficient cause.

Student Accounts (ADP)

Payments. Remittances should be addressed to the Accounting Office, Central Methodist University, 2458 Old Dorsett Road, Suite 200, Maryland Heights, MO 63043. For questions, please call 314-227-4400.

Outstanding Accounts: Any student who has a balance due to the University will have a hold placed on his/her account. Grades, transcripts, and diplomas will not be issued to the student, and the student may not participate in commencement. Failure to rectify a balance due may also result in academic dismissal from the University. Past due accounts may be turned over to a collection agency with all related legal and collection fees also due from the student.