Scholarships and Grants
After the FAFSA, Undergraduate - Fayette
- Student Aid Report (SAR): After completion of the FAFSA on the Web, a Student Aid Report will be sent by email.
If a SAR is not received, please contact FAFSA at 1-800-4-FED-AID to verify the status
of the application. The CMU Financial Assistance Office (FA Office) will also receive
a copy of the SAR and will use this information to determine your financial aid eligibility.
- Verification: Thirty percent of all FAFSA applications are randomly selected by Central Processing
at FAFSA for verification of submitted data. If your application was selected for
verification, the FA Office will request additional documentation. Your financial
aid will remain estimated until verification is complete. The required documents for
- Income Tax Documents Tax documentation is needed from both the student (if filed)
and parent (if student is dependent). You have two options for providing tax documentation:
- Correct your FAFSA on the Web using the IRS Data Retrieval Process to import your
tax information (preferred option), or
- Provide an IRS Tax Return Transcript. The IRS Tax Return Transcript can be requested
by: (Please be aware that it may take 6-8 weeks to receive tax transcripts from the
- Verification Worksheet (select Independent or Dependent based on FAFSA results)
- If you marked yes to question #75 or #96, (food stamp benefits), documentation from
the agency that shows you received food stamps in 2011 or 2012.
- Itemization Worksheet (required when the family's adjusted gross income falls below the United States 2013
- Scholarship Offer: Students will be mailed a scholarship offer from the Admissions office. The offer
should be signed and returned to the Admissions office.
- Financial Aid Eligibility Notice (award letter): Students can view their financial aid on myCMU once their aid eligibility has been
determined. After a student's aid is finalized, the student will receive an email
letting them know they need to accept or reject their aid. The award letter can be
found on the student's myCMU account, under the Student Tab, then click on Financial
Aid, then Financial Aid Awards. Choose the Award Year, then click on "Accept/Decline
Aid." Follow the instructions and then hit submit to complete the process. Students
do not have to accept all aid offered. Remember: Loans must be repaid.
- Transcripts: Students should make sure that their high school and/or college transcripts are submitted