Major and Minor Information

Honk!The Department of Theatre Arts offer a major leading to either a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science in theatre arts or theatre arts with certification to teach speech/drama at the secondary level. Theatre arts majors may utilize study in the department as preparation for a career in theatre or graduate work in theatre.

Students seeking certification at the secondary level select an emphasis in Education and Theatre Arts (Secondary-level area). Theatre Education majors will receive a background in communication and theatre arts.

A declared minor in theatre arts may be used to enhance another field of study or to develop specific skills or interests of the student. Most of the courses in theatre arts are open to students of any major, and drama productions are open to all CMU students.

BA or BS Theatre Arts Major

BA or BS Theatre Arts, Speech and Drama Certification


Theatre minor

Art Minor