The Master of Education (M.Ed) degree program is 36 credit hours in length. It can be completed during full or part time study. Courses are offered in the evening on the campuses in Fayette, Union, Sedalia, and Park Hills, with some courses available during the day on the Fayette campus.
Students may pursue the M.Ed. only, or with a temporary authorization teaching certificate.
Requirements for Admission
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- No student will be admitted with an undergraduate GPA of less than 3.00 on a 4.0 scale.
- Two letters of recommendation from school administrators, professional colleagues or college professors addressing the applicant's suitability for graduate work.
- Official transcripts of all previously completed college and university course work.
- A completed application.
- Students may transfer in 9 hours of graduate level work from another accredited institution. Transferred grades must be a B or higher.
- Graduation requires completion of a minimum of 36 hours of graduate coursework with a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale with a maximum of two course grades of C.