Criminal Justice Subject Resources
- Credo Reference: An excellent full-text integrated reference database. Contains linked searching to other resources and visual concept mapping. The BEST place to start!
- ProQuest Central: Our largest comprehensive database, with many journals in full-text, now in a new
- Guided subject searching for better results, just click the picture for Social Sciences!
- Or, search the entire interface, including ebooks
- Combine terms using AND, OR and NOT EX: "juvenile and justice" will return results with both terms, "juvenile or adolescent" will look for both terms. "Juvenile not drugs" will get rid of anything about drugs.
- Clickable boxes for peer-reviewed and full-text content
- Easily save, print, or email marked records and create citations for your bibliography.
- Use our interlibrary loan form to order articles that are not full-text
- Academic Search Elite: A large multi-disciplinary database with some education coverage.
- Many journals in full-text, now in a new improved interface.
- Guided subject searching and easy clickable buttons for narrowing or widening your search
- Lexis/Nexis: Academic Universe includes business, legal and medical journals as well as major
newspapers from around the world.
- All content is full-text, but may not be scholarly!
- Contains legal information searchable by topic, court, year, or case
- Forensic Science: An electronic reference work from Salem Press devoted to criminal justice and forensic science. Full-text and scholarly.
- Use the Quest and Mobius catalogs
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service
- The Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice
- Bureau of Justice Statistics
- United Nations Crime and Justice Network
- Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Restorative Justice Online
- Federal Bureau of Investigations
- National Archive of Criminal Justice Data
- Criminal Justice Policy Foundation
Stuck? Ask a librarian!