Online Success Tips
Online classes are built for convenience and flexability, giving students a chance to study on their schedule. To be successful, there are several things online students should remember.
- A reliable computer
- Consistent, reliable internet access
- A technology back-up plan
- An email address you can check regularly
- The desire to succeed!
Don't Forget to...
- Manage your time
- Familiarize yourself with myCMU and take CMU190: Orientation to Online Learning
- Plan to put as much effort into an online class as you would if you were sitting in a classroom
- Remember that most Central Methodist University online courses run on an 8-week schedule, called terms, which allows students to take fewer classes at a time. This schedule does mean that assignments and readings may be longer and more frequent than an in-person class.