In order to use your personal computer, network gaming device (XBOX, Playstation, Wii), or other wireless device on the CMU network, you must first register it. During the registration process your computer will automatically be scanned to insure you have the latest Windows Updates and an Antivirus Software with up-to-date definitions. If you need an antivirus software, we recommend Avast and its free. Take few moments and familiarize yourself with our various Polices, such as personal wireless access points, routers, hubs, and switches are not allowed in residence halls.
To Register a device you must:
- Be on the Fayette Campus
- Connect to the CMU Network via either:
- Ethernet cable connected to network port located in the residence hall room
- Wireless connection to the CMUWAP
NOTE: If you are running NORTON INTERNET SECURITY or MCAFEE SECURITY CENTER, you must disable it, BEFORE running the CSA agent.
or visit the Registration page.
same username and password you use for Email, to verify your account works try to log into your web-based email.
NOTE: If you are unable to login, please contact the helpdesk at 660-248-6197.
You might have to say Allow or More Details and Run Anyway.
- If the scan is successful, you will receive the message You have Successfully Registered on the network.
- If your computer fails the scan, you will need to carefully read the instructions provided and complete the steps to insure your computer meets the minimum qualifications. You will then need to run a scan again from the registration page.
If you have problems or questions, contact the Helpdesk at 660-248-6197 or firstname.lastname@example.org.