The internship program at Central Methodist University is designed to extend student learning opportunities beyond the traditional classroom setting into professional work environments. Internships allow students to earn academic credit while undertaking planned, professionally supervised work experiences related to their on-campus academic programs and career interests.
The program is structured to benefit both students and sponsoring organizations. An internship is arranged in advance to coincide with the fall or spring academic semesters or summer term. An internship is a carefully monitored work experience in which an individual has intentional learning goals and reflects actively on what she or he is learning throughout the experience. These goals may include:
- Academic learning - the individual can apply and test knowledge learned in the classroom to the workplace.
- Career development - the individual can explore a specific field of interest, gaining knowledge of the qualifications and duties involved in a particular position.
- Skill development - the individual gains an understanding of the skills and knowledge required for success in the workplace.
- Personal development - the individual gains decision-making skills, critical thinking skills, increased confidence and self-esteem.
Requirements for Credit
An initial meeting with your academic Internship Advisor is required to arrange the amount of hours needed to receive a specific number of credit hours.
- Why Participate in an Internship?
- Benefits of an Internship
- Roles in an Internship
- Best Practice in Internships
- Tips to a Successful Internship
- Internship Program
- Internship Information Form
- Student Internshp Agreement Form
- Internship Memorandum of Understanding Form
- Internship Self Evaluation Form (Optional-at the discretion of the Faculty Internship Advisor)
- Internship Intern Evaluation Form (Optional-at the discretion of the Faculty Internship Advisor)
- Final Internship Self Evaluation Form
- Final Intern Evaluation Form
- Internship Notification Form