Goals to accomplish this semester
- Make a list of two or three goals, both academic and personal, that you plan to accomplish this semester.
- Prioritize these objectives.
- If you are a fulltime student, your studies should be first on your list.
- Ask yourself, "How do I plan to accomplish these goals?"
Make a semester schedule
- Use the semester calendar. Include the following:
- Test dates
- Due dates for major class assignments or projects
- School events you need to attend
- Personal events you need to attend
- Make a permanent weekly schedule for the semester
- Use the Weekly Schedule. Include the following:
- Meal time
- Work study
- Other Work schedule
- Schedule at least two hours of study time for every credit hour.
- For example, if you are taking 15 credit hours for the semester, you should schedule 30 hours throughout the week for study preparation and completing class assignments.
- Choose study times carefully.
- When is your best time to study? If you study better in the morning yours, plan your study times in the morning. If you are a night person and study better at night, plan for your study times to be later in the evening.
- Be practical and realistic
- Break study time up into small increments.
- Look at the study tips provided at this website.