Nursing and Allied Health Subject Resources
- CINAHL Plus with Full-Text: Scholarly nursing and allied health database in a new interface.
- Search using keyword smart searching, by publication, or with improved guided subject searching using standardized medical terminology.
- Combine terms using AND, OR and NOT EX: "diabetes and children" will return results with both terms, "diabetes or blood sugar" will return results with either term, and "diabetes not children" will get rid of anything about children.
- New "Narrow Results By" tabs to improve searching capabilities and provided targeted results.
- ProQuest Central - Health and Medicine: Our largest comprehensive database, with extensive coverage in health and medicine.
Roughly the same searching methods as CINAHL.
- Open ProQuest Central and click the "Health and Medicine" icon
- Click "Browse" to access instructional videos, evidence-based care sheets and more!
- Narrow down your search with clickable choices for scholarly resources and full-text.
- Nursing Reference Library is included in this database.
- Consumer Health Complete: a comprehensive resource for consumer-oriented health content.
- Designed to support patients' information needs and foster an overall understanding of health-related topics.
- Provides content covering all areas of health and wellness from mainstream medicine to complementary, holistic and integrated medicine.
- Credo Reference: A full-text electronic reference database. Choose "Find a Book" and then "Subject- Medicine" for full-text reference works including hundreds of illustrations and images. A great place to start!
- PubMed: Accessible on the web. An extremely comprehensive citation database; no full-text. Any articles found here can be ordered using the interlibrary loan form.
- Use the Quest and Mobius catalogs
- Specific medical terms will not return many results, so try to use broader terms.
Stuck? Ask a librarian!