Science Subject Resources
- ProQuest Central - Science and Technology: Our largest multidisciplinary databases, with targeted resources for the sciences.
- Enter ProQuest Central and click on the "Science & Technology" icon.
- Search using basic keyword searching, advanced searching to combine terms, or browse by publication name, author, or subject area.
- Combine terms using AND, OR and NOT EX: "diabetes and children" will return results with both terms, "diabetes or blood sugar" will return results with either term, and "diabetes not children" will get rid of anything about children.
- Clickable tabs for peer-reviewed and PDF articles
- Easily save, print, or email marked records and create citations for your bibliography.
- BioOne Complete: a collection of full text, high impact bioscience journals, now linked through ProQuest
- Content is searchable by keyword, author, and journal title.
- Browse entire issues of a journal
- Entries are fully hyper-texted, including author information, references, and illustrations
- Academic Search Elite: A large multi-discplinary database, with many journals in full-text and coverage
in the sciences.
- General searching techniques and format, including keyword and advanced searching
- Guided subject searching for better results
- Use left column search guides to refine your search
- Use our interlibrary loan form to order articles that are not full-text.
- Science Reference Center: a comprehensive research database that provides easy access to a multitude of full
text science-oriented content.
- Contains full text for nearly 640 science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals, etc.
- Topics covered include: biology, chemistry, earth & space science, environmental science, health & medicine, history of science, life science, physics, science & society, science as inquiry, scientists, technology and wildlife.
- Credo Reference: An excellent full-text integrated reference database. Contains linked searching to other resources and visual concept mapping.
- Use the Quest and Mobius catalogs
- Specific scientific terms will not return many results, so try broader terms for your field or general topic.
- Biology Online
- FREE Science
- OpenScienceDirectory.net - Open access e-journals and publications
Stuck? Ask a librarian!