The Swinney Conservatory of Music seeks a full-time professor of music to teach music education classes and serve as director of choral ensemble(s). This position would be for the 20-21 academic year.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizing and rehearsing the choral ensembles
- Teaching music education courses
- Teaching music lessons or courses as necessary
- Organizing and leading annual choir tour
- Assisting the Admissions Staff with recruiting
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates with a completed doctorate in music or music education are preferred and will be placed on the tenure track. Master’s-prepared applicants will be considered for a non-tenure track position.
The successful candidate must be able to sit or stand to teach classes and must be able to stand while conducting 75-minute rehearsals. Driving and walking to observe student teachers is also required. Must be able to articulate clearly and loudly enough for each class and rehearsal.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Developing relationships with Missouri high school directors and pastors in the Missouri United Methodist Church for the purposes of recruiting and find tour concert hosts.
- Integrating technology into teaching practice.
OTHER INFORMATION AND ATTRIBUTES:
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, resume/curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references, and unofficial transcript of graduate coursework. Applications and instructions are located on the university website at www.centralmethodist.edu
CMU Employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of CMU. Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.