This is a 9-month position and has a required minimum of 24 hours of academic load per year. Overload can be negotiated. Must be able to teach both introductory and advanced courses in Computer Science, including networking, databases, and information systems, as well as various programming languages. The ability to teach introductory math and statistics courses will take precedence. This position is to begin Fall of 2020.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach introductory and advanced courses in Computer Science, including specifically networking, databases, and information systems.
- Prepare lectures, examinations, and other course materials and assume leadership in class settings for specific courses in the curriculum.
- Serve as advisor for designated students.
- Advise appropriate persons of any problems related to students or learning experiences.
- Assume responsibility for special assignments as indicated.
- Assist in evaluation and revision of courses(s) in which involved.
- Assist in evaluation of curriculum.
- Participate in faculty meetings.
- Make recommendations concerning budget requirements to the Division Chair.
- Assist with development and implementation of faculty projects.
- Participate in campus and department committees as assigned.
- Further professional development including activity in professional organizations, locally, statewide and nationally.
- Participate in local and/or national continuing education programs and workshops.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
Masters degree in Computer Science (or related field)or higher. ABD near completion will be considered.
Frequently stand for at least one hour consecutively.
Operate classroom audio-visual equipment.
Speak loudly and clearly enough to be understood by students.
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume, and CV to Human Resources.
References provided must be current and able to speak specifically to the candidate's strengths as an instructor. Applications and instructions are located on the website at www.centralmethodist.edu.
CMU Employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of CMU. Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.