Academic and Athletic Liaison/Advisor
This position provides direct support for athletes in monitoring their progress toward degree completion. Further, this position connects the students with the appropriate institutional resources to be successful. In addition, the position liaises between coaches, faculty, and other offices to assist students in degree completion.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor academic eligibility and progress towards degree of student-athletes. Identify of at-risk students. Provide academic support and personal advising for student-athletes. Offer personal coaching and motivation to individual athletes toward meeting academic goals.
- Coordinate with the Center for Learning and Teaching, Coaches, Office of Student Development, and others to provide students with access to support resources, such as counseling or tutoring; Regularly meet with individual athletic program (by sport) representatives to determine the needs of student-athletes, Provide academic progress reports to athletic program (sport) representatives.
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of institutional academic policies and procedures.
- Serve as an academic liaison within Athletics through the Faculty Student Life Committee, and other committees as deemed necessary
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation for students.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree required. Experience working in academic support or advising preferred.
Ability to lift up to 25 pounds and possibly spend extended periods standing.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to use the administrative system for purposes of tracking.
OTHER INFORMATION AND ATTRIBUTES:
This position may require travel, and evening and weekends.
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Human Resources. Applications and instructions are located on the website at www.centralmethodist.edu.
CMU Employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of CMU. Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.