Central Methodist University (CMU) is seeking applications for the position of Executive assistant for the Vice President for Enrollment Management. S/He will be a dynamic individual primarily responsible for coordinating and insuring the highest quality of all Enrollment Management activities including, but not limited to; Scholarships, Budgets, Office Management, and Admissions of candidates. Under the general direction of the Vice President for Enrollment Management, this position is responsible for performing a wide variety of comprehensive, complex and specialized administrative duties to support the Vice President. The incumbent is responsible for managing daily activities to ensure efficient operations, provide information to college personnel, students and the public by telephone, electronic mail, and in person as well as performing other duties related to the activities of Enrollment Management as required or assigned. The ideal candidate is a creative, organized and highly motivated self-starter with superior organization, communication and time-management skills. S/He should be comfortable executing multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, team environment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the office for Enrollment Management and provides executive level support to the Vice President, pro-actively gathering required background needed for efficient decision-making.
- Ensures clear, timely and effective communication with the VPEM, to prioritize attention to items that will maintain and build CMU’s professional reputation among all stakeholders.
- Develops, establishes and maintains information tracking systems, including electronic schedules, physical and electronic filing systems, and budget/invoicing process and reports, expense reports, and email management.
- Coordinates the calendar for the VPEM, arranging meetings and appointments as requested.
- Provides meeting support and preparation for staff meetings, Committee and Board meetings.
- Produces a wide variety of documents and reports; composes and drafts correspondence for the VPEM and proofread and edit documents as needed.
- Assist the VPEM with planning and managing the Enrollment Management tasks.
- Manage incoming requests and outgoing directives (both internal and external) for the VPEM, serving as liaison between the VPEM and internal and external CMU constituencies.
- Provide support, assistance and research on special projects for achieving the enrollment goals of the University.
- Participate in Enrollment Leadership Team meetings and other CMU committees as assigned.
The essential roles, responsibilities and activities in this position are as follows:
- Provides courteous, accurate and timely customer service to students, staff and external clients and refers inquiries to appropriate personnel.
- Exercises confidentiality, discretion and judgment in providing executive support to the VPEM.
- Independently researches, prioritizes and handles matters addressed to the VPEM or escalates the matter as necessary.
- Provide administrative support for VPEM including extensive calendar management, records management, and material preparation for meetings.
- Compose correspondence independently on a variety of matters; compile and type various letters, reports and statistical data as directed, maintain VPEM’s appointment calendar; and make travel arrangements when requested.
- Receive, screen, and route telephone calls, visitors and mail.
- Attend regular Enrollment Management meetings or other special meetings and perform various secretarial and executive assistant duties including the coordination and preparation of agendas and supporting materials, take notes and compile minutes.
- Organize and coordinate communications and information; obtain, interpret and provide information to faculty, staff and others concerning office functions, policies and procedures; communicate with administrative units to ensure compliance with timelines, procedures, etc.
- Perform special projects and prepare various forms and reports; monitor and control administrative details.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of institutional and Enrollment Management policies, procedures, programs, organizational structures and EM staff to respond effectively to various stakeholders.
- Produce data reports and summary response on research.
- Assist on the Financial aid and Scholarships Appeals Committee.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 1 year’ experience overseeing and coordinating events;
- Experience supervising students or professional staff;
- Proactive and teamwork oriented approach to problem solving;
- Excellent speaking, presenting and teaching skills;
- Outstanding organizational skills;
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, and staff; and
- Experience leveraging technology such as POS systems, Microsoft Office and CARS/EMP (or related system).
Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on occasion. Must be able to speak in a clear and loud voice.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Key Skills / Knowledge:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents;
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
OTHER INFORMATION AND ATTRIBUTES:
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Human Resources. Applications and instructions are located on the website at www.centralmethodist.edu.
CMU Employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of CMU. Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.