The Swinney Conservatory of Music seeks a full-time professor of music to teach music and music ministry classes and serve as Director of the Worship Ensembles. The opening for this position begins at the Spring semester 2020.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizing and rehearsing the praise bands, they are both instrumental and vocal
- Teaching music ministry courses
- Teaching music courses as necessary
- Collaborating with the campus chaplain to plan weekly contemporary chapel services
- Recruiting with the Admissions Staff
The Director of Music Ministry will supervise worship ensemble musicians in set-up/tear-down of equipment for performance/leading worship. Supervision of work study students is a possibility as well.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates with a completed doctorate in music ministry or a related field are preferred and will be placed on the tenure track.
Master’s-prepared applicants will be considered for a non-tenure track position.
The successful candidate must be able to lift and move sound equipment and instruments.
Must be able to speak in a clear and loud voice.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Planning ensemble trips to lead worship at churches.
- Skills in using worship-support software.
- Experience running sound systems.
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Human Resources. Applications and instructions are located on the website at www.centralmethodist.edu.
CMU Employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of CMU. Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.