Assistant Director of Admissions and Transfer Services
To locate, identify, and recruit prospective students and their families for the purpose of enrollment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
60% - Outreach and Recruitment to include:
- Recruit within an assigned territory and meet the established recruitment goals.
- Utilize email, phone calls, text messages, social media, and other communication methods to connect with prospective students and their families.
- Develop relationships with community colleges, guidance counselors, educators, and other key stakeholders to promote enrollment growth within the assigned territory.
- Engages with internal and external stakeholders, related organizations, and government agencies that support transfer initiatives, identifies and builds relationships with community college partners.
- Embrace all recruitment programs devoted to organizing and holding student data for the purposes of interdepartmental communication and strategic recruitment.
- Assist in the management Student Caller Program and Ambassador Program as needed.
25% - Admissions Management Coordination:
- Partner with Associate Director of Admissions for all admissions activities
- Oversee, as assigned, virtual and the group event days and establish roles to assist within each day.
- Provides creative oversight for best practices in marketing to transfer student populations, participates in the development of publications, web pages, and digital communications designed to reach and engage transfer students, and monitors, measures, and performs statistical analysis of data to determine the effectiveness of outreach strategies related to transfer enrollment goals to include, but not limited to, web analytics and tracking modules.
- Assists in the development of internal networks to provide an effective means of communicating transfer initiatives throughout the University, serves as the Admissions’ point of contact for the transfer credit re-evaluation and pre-approval system, and utilizes transfer equivalency software to monitor course catalog changes at the University as well as changes occurring at other colleges and institutions.
- Serves as the University’s reverse transfer point of contact by coordinating the process by which CMU credit is transferred back to the community college for the award of an Associate’s degree and maintains current with Missouri Department of Higher Education reverse transfer policy.
- Supports the development of effective articulation agreements and transfer guides with community colleges by maintaining accurate course equivalencies.
5% - Travel to include:
- Receive prior approval for all travel related recruitment from the VPEM.
- Travel to enhance recruitment through representation at Community Colleges, College Fairs, High School Visits, Special Events, and other recruitment-based efforts.
5% - Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
100% - Display a professional attitude and presence in all aspects of the job.
Direct Report – VPEM
Supervisory Duties –
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
Requirements for the position:
- Must have a four year degree from an accredited college or university.
- 2 years previous experience as an admissions representative.
- Experience supervising students and/or office workers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Lift and carry the needed material for a college fair, usually 20 – 30 lbs
- Be able to stand for 1 to 2 hours while at a college fair
- Must have a valid drivers license
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience working in virtual platforms, social media platforms, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and be skilled in managing basic office tasks.
OTHER INFORMATION AND ATTRIBUTES:
This position will require some weekend, evening, and travel commitments.
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Human Resources. Applications and instructions are located on the website at www.centralmethodist.edu.
CMU Employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of CMU. Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.