Head Bowling Coach - Part Time
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, responsible for all phases of the program (varsity and junior varsity), including coaching, directing home contests including the organization of officials, scorekeepers, statisticians, media, lodging, meals and travel; coordinating the admission of prospective student-athletes; scheduling and budgeting; managing equipment orders and distribution; committing to the academic progress and success of student-athletes; scouting and recruitment of student-athletes; coordinate fundraising, camps, clinics and special events.
- Provides excellent customer service to our students, donors, sponsors, alumni and all of our internal and external constituents.
- This is a part time position and is not benefit eligible. Begins Fall 2022 semester
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
25%-Recruiting, Retention and Continuing Eligibility
25%-Game and Practice Preparation (Varsity and Junior Varsity)
10%-Player Skill and Team Cohesion Development
10%-Supervision of Athletes and Managers
10%-Program Compliance with NAIA, HAAC and CMU Rules, Policies and Guidelines
10%-Program-Specific and Department Fund Raising
- Responsible for Assistant coaches
- Responsible for student managers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. College coaching and recruiting experience preferred.
- First Aid, CPR, AED; ability to lift 50lbs, stand on your feet for periods of three to five hours at a time for contests and games.
- Set up equipment for practices and games.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Collegiate Athletic Recruiting Experience; Public Speaking abilities; Personnel Management Skills & Experiences; Microsoft Word & Excel
OTHER INFORMATION AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Due to recruiting and overnight travel, applicants must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record; must be able to obtain a State of Missouri vehicle operator's license within 30 days of employment and must qualify to operate a vehicle within the CMU guidelines. Ability to gain and maintain CMU driving approval is required.
- Must be able to travel for extended periods of time for athletic contests, recruiting activities and athletic fundraising events.
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Human Resources. Applications and instructions are located on the website at www.centralmethodist.edu.
CMU Employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of CMU. Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.