CMU is seeking a dynamic individual to work with prospective students through all stages of the admission process and to build/maintain personal relationships with targeted 2 and 4-year institutions. Must follow up on necessary document collection to assure new students are academically and financially ready to start courses, ensure projected semester rosters are accurate, and assist with planning and performing of recruitment functions for prospective students.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Individual and group meetings (in person and/or virtual) with prospective students - Up to 5%
- Responds to emails and phone calls from students in a timely fashion and follow up on necessary paperwork/documentation for file completion – Up to 50%
- Represents CMU at educational, transfer, individual events – Up to 25%
- Coordinates with CGES admissions, academic advising, accounting and financial aid staff to assure excellent service for each student – up to 10%
- Updates projected session rosters to ensure accuracy – up to 5%
- Other duties, as assigned, to meet the needs of the institution – up to 5%
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree required. Understanding of higher education environment and the admission process, as well as 1+ years of experience within a higher education admissions department preferred. The ability to communicate effectively, prioritize work flow, work well with minimum supervision and accept responsibility for total task completion is required. Must have excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to interact and communicate effectively with prospective students and key community college staff members. Knowledge of and commitment to regulatory and college enrollment policies, standards and procedures.
Occasionally lift more than 25 pounds. Ability to drive to various locations of responsibility. Must have the dexterity to use office equipment with reasonable accommodations. Must be able to speak in a clear and loud voice either in person or on the telephone.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products is required. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
OTHER INFORMATION AND ATTRIBUTES:
Must be able to work a varied schedule to accommodate the needs of the adult student, including evenings. Travel is required with reimbursement for mileage.
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Human Resources. Applications and instructions are located on the website at www.centralmethodist.edu.
CMU Employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of CMU. Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.