GENERAL SUMMARY: This position provides leadership and support for the coordination, analysis, development, and systematic collection of institutional data for planning, decision support, and reporting.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Extracts and analyzes institutional data using independent judgement when required in order to support accreditation, assessment, program review, and institutional decision-making processes. Ensures accurate, on-time publishing of statistical data for a variety of publications and reports at the institutional and national level (examples include IPEDS, University Fact Book, Missouri Department of Higher Education (DHE) reports, Common Data Set, institutional benchmarking, student enrollment and retention reports). (40%)
- Coordinates internal and external reporting and compliance according to state and federal requirements. (20%)
- Provides administrative support for the Office of Technology Services. (15%)
- Makes recommendations as necessary and appropriate to enhance data collection and reporting. Support Jenzabar data entry and data audits related to administrative processes and reporting efforts. (10%)
- Coordinates administration of multiple internal and national surveys. (5%)
- Creates and/or maintains appropriate documentation related to process and procedure. (5%)
- Researches higher education trends. (5%)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, statistics, social science, educational administration, information technology or related field.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines.
- Basic evidence of successful experience working with relational databases and SQL.
- Demonstrated evidence in performing duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision while also being able to work collaboratively with diverse groups.
- Proficiency with Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Master’s degree.
- Translate report requirements into specifications and use SQL to generate data extracts to render into usable output appropriate for the identified need.
- Proficiency with SPSS (or similar statistical software).
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- 2-4 years of experience in a higher education research or related setting.
- Knowledge of current and emerging policies, practices, trends, and direction of higher education institutional research.
- Experience with Jenzabar student information system and Cognos.
Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and talk and hear. Regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required include close vision.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (List other attributes required for the position (e.g. keyboard skills, general office equipment)
OTHER INFORMATION AND ATTRIBUTES:
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Human Resources. Applications and instructions are located on the website at www.centralmethodist.edu.
CMU Employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of CMU. Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.