Supervise all aspects of facility maintenance and construction. Operate and maintain the Energy Management System.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Essential functions of position)
- Inspect buildings and rooms for efficient maintenance needs.
- Monitor job requests, coordinate work and review completed tasks.
- Perform highly skilled maintenance work as required.
- Operate and maintain the Energy Management System.
- Track utilities usage and promote utility conservation programs.
- Manage resources for in house design build projects.
- Assist director with scopes of work, reviewing contracts, coordinating contractors and monitor construction projects.
- Maintain equipment inventory and preventive maintenance software using Schooldude programming.
- Orders supplies and inspects the buildings for maintenance needs
- Maintain records on buildings related to PM work, roofs, updating rooms, lighting, renovations, etc.
- Perform and promote duties in a safe and competent manner.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Oversee and coordinate building maintenance staff.
- Provide training and technical information to campus employees as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in maintenance and or construction management or the equivalent of 8+ years’ experience in maintenance management preferred.
- Construction management experience preferred.
- Computer programming and mechanical system controls knowledge preferred.
- Steam system and chilled water operations experience helpful.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: .
- Must be able to climb ladders and work at heights at and above 60 feet.
- Must hold driver’s license.
- May be exposed to loud noises, fumes, confined spaces, and or weather extremes while on a job site.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC knowledge.
- Perform other tasks as assigned, such as assist in snow removal, set ups, and any added duties as requested by Director of Plant Operations.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
OTHER INFORMATION AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Be able to report for work during an emergency situation as needed after hours, or on weekends.
- Dress for the environment, cold or hot, wet or dry.
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Human Resources. Applications and instructions are located on the website at www.centralmethodist.edu.
CMU Employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of CMU. Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.