Assists Financial Aid Counselors and Loan Coordinator in the compilation of student records and documentation needs for student financial aid packaging. Completes student verification.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collect and track financial assistance documents from all students. 35%
- Prepare and manage financial aid forms per verification regulations and documentation needs. 10%
- Enter all student financial aid contacts into CMU student management software program. 10%
- Create and communicate all financial aid reminder notices, fliers, etc. 10%
- Communicate follow-up requests regarding completion of financial aid files. 25%
- Work in collaboration with the Administrative Assistant to greet visitors, answer phone calls, provide basic financial aid answers, etc to allow for personal contact with all customers. 5%
- Other duties as assigned. 5%
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
High school diploma required, some college preferred.
Two to three years of financial aid experience preferred.
Routine office exposure, long periods of sitting and computer work. Must have the dexterity to use the computer and telephone with or without reasonable accommodations. Occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Proficiency required in Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word and Excel. Excellent organizational skills necessary. Need a reliable, self-starter able to complete tasks on own initiative.
OTHER INFORMATION AND ATTRIBUTES:
Position will require minimal weekend hours during student orientation sessions. Travel to annual conferences and training may also be expected on occasion.
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Human Resources. Applications and instructions are located on the website at www.centralmethodist.edu.
CMU Employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of CMU. Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.