Events Coordinator-Enrollment Management
Central Methodist University (CMU) is seeking applications for the position of Admissions Events Coordinator. S/He will be a dynamic individual primarily responsible for coordinating and insuring the highest quality of admissions events from conception to completion. Serving as the campus visit coordinator and working with faculty will be a primary role within this position however, serving as a liaison to the marketing team and will be a primary contact for admissions-marketing continuity. The Events Coordinator will also organize, coordinate and manage diverse event details such as menu development, decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, marketing and promotional materials etc. for admissions.
The ideal candidate is a creative, logistically oriented and highly motivated self-starter with superior organization, communication and time-management skills. S/He should be comfortable executing multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, team environment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for coordinating and maintaining the admissions calendar of events occurring on and off campus. Help to maximize the use of the campus events in accordance with policies by the administration.
- Coordinate all event planning logistics and onsite event logistics, including all amenities and accommodations including site selection, food, audio/visual equipment, registration and proper event staffing.
- Maintain marketing events calendar and regularly communicate updates to relevant stakeholders.
- Be a key point person in cross-departmental awareness, promotion, and communication of events.
- Maintains product and service quality standards.
- Order and coordinate event materials and displays.
- Insure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations.
- Respond to customer complaints in person at the time of the complaint or via e-mail for electronically received complaints.
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality.
- Conduct pre and post event evaluations and report on outcomes.
- Manage admissions social media accounts;
- Manage student ambassadors and call center employees.
- Produce data reports and summary
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 2 years’ professional experience overseeing and coordinating events;
- Experience supervising students or professional staff;
- Proactive and teamwork oriented approach to problem solving;
- Excellent speaking, presenting and teaching skills;
- Outstanding organizational skills;
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, and staff; and
- Experience leveraging technology such as POS systems, Microsoft Office and CARS/EMP (or related system).
Lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally
Long period of time sitting, and working on a computer.
Must be able to speak in a clear and loud voice.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents;
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
OTHER INFORMATION AND ATTRIBUTES:
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Human Resources. Applications and instructions are located on the website at www.centralmethodist.edu.
CMU Employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of CMU. Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.