To locate, identify, and recruit prospective students and their families for the purpose of enrollment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
35% - Outreach and Recruitment to include:
- Recruit within assigned territories and meet the established recruitment goals.
- Utilize email, phone calls, text messages, social media, and other communication methods to connect with prospective students and their families.
- Develop relationships with community colleges, international agents, guidance counselors, educators, and other key stakeholders to promote enrollment growth within the assigned territory.
- Engages with internal and external stakeholders, related organizations, and government agencies that support transfer initiatives, identifies and builds relationships with all constituents.
- Embrace all recruitment programs devoted to organizing and holding student data for the purposes of interdepartmental communication and strategic recruitment.
- Assist in the management and the Student Caller Program-Ambassador Program as needed.
- Initiates, plans, and executes special projects in conjunction with the goals and objectives of the office.
- Advises students and families of admission requirements, transfer guidelines, financial aid and scholarship information, First Year Experience (FYE) program, and residence life, etc.
- Provides follow-up to students and parents via phone, letters, email, and scheduled appointments in specific recruitment territory.
- Completes routine reports related to recruitment, projections, personal schedule, travel, special programs, and professional development.
- Evaluates program effectiveness, assesses outcomes, and develops improved programming to achieve goals, complete cost analyses, for programs/events.
- Adhere to University policies and procedures regarding travel and procurement.
25% - Program Specific Admissions Coordination: TBD
- Work with VPEM to develop, manage, and execute a strategic plan including a travel plan to visit need constituencies within the territory.
- Plan all other visits by working with community college counselors, alumni, & other constituent groups.
- Implement targeted calling/e-mail/mail campaigns to accelerate students through the enrollment funnel.
- Manage a large volume of daily correspondence while offering top-notch customer service. Meet with prospective students in-office visits & give tours.
- Accurately input data using to complete and audit application files.
- Responsible for meeting yearly enrollment goals as they impact net tuition revenue for the University.
- Deliver polished and engaging admissions presentations using advanced public speaking skills for groups ranging in size from 5-500+.
- Responsible for planning and maintaining a travel budget as assigned to the territory.
- Strategically identify areas to host recruitment events. Travel and serve as host at events throughout the year. Develop new initiatives and events specific to the needs of key international areas.
- Manage on-going international projects and assignments as necessary with speed, accuracy, and flexibility to meet diverse and often competing enrollment goals.
- Counsel students and parents regarding final college decisions as they navigate through a complex and competitive process using advanced listening and counseling skills.
5% - Travel to include:
- Receive prior approval for all travel related recruitment from the VPEM.
- Travel to enhance recruitment through representation at Community Colleges, College Fairs (Virtual and on-ground), International Agents, Special Events, and other recruitment-based efforts.
35% - Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
100% - Display a professional attitude and presence in all aspects of the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
Requirements for the position:
- Must have a four year degree from an accredited college or university.
- 2 years previous experience as an admissions representative.
- Experience supervising students and/or office workers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Lift and carry the needed material for a college fair, usually 20 – 30 lbs
- Be able to stand for 1 to 2 hours while at a college fair
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience working in virtual platforms, social media platforms, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and be skilled in managing basic office tasks.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Valid Driver’s License
OTHER INFORMATION AND ATTRIBUTES:
This position will require some weekend, evening, and travel commitments.
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Human Resources. Applications and instructions are located on the website at www.centralmethodist.edu.
CMU Employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of CMU. Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.