Housekeeping - 1st Shift
Perform a regular cleaning schedule for campus facilities. Report any maintenance problems. Maintain public restrooms, shower rooms and residential hall common area. This position is full time position and is benefit eligible. The opening is for 1st shift, Mon – Fri 5:00am – 2:00pm with weekend rotation required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the assigned departmental building areas are cleaned on a scheduled basis.
- Remove trash to designated pickup points.
- Report building system problems to Facilities office.
- Adequately stock restrooms with paper products and soap.
- Disinfect designated areas as required.
- Strip and recoat designated floors.
- Clean carpets and floor tile.
- Perform full housekeeping duties during assigned work hours.
- Other duties as assigned
MANAGERIAL/SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
One year in Custodial Services preferred.
High School diploma preferred.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Full range of physical motion.
Operate a variety of cleaning equipment.
Work in some heat extremes during summer.
Must be able to navigate up and down stairs
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must be able to work with other housekeeping staff as a team, as well as cover other buildings when short staffed.
OTHER INFORMATION AND ATTRIBUTES:
Occasional overtime and weekend work for special events.
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Human Resources. Applications and instructions are located on the website at www.centralmethodist.edu.
CMU Employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of CMU. Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.