International Programs and Student Liaison-DSO
Central Methodist University is accepting applications for an International Programs and Student Liaison to serve the office of International Student Affairs. The overall responsibility of this multi-faceted role is to ensure students in all program’s requirements are satisfied and successful. The position requires a high level of knowledge in higher education processes, sensitivity to the needs of non-traditional international students, and customer service skills.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Upon acceptance of employment, the Program and Student Liaison must support the CMU mission and work in conjunction with the Program Director, Assistant Dean for International Student Services, Director of Admissions, and other key university personnel to ensure the successful execution of the M.S. in IT Management program by:
- Addressing student needs regarding administrative topics such as registration functions, academic standards, and program requirements in a timely manner.
- Providing consistent outreach to students, faculty, academic advisors, and other university personnel to ensure student success onboarding and retention.
- Providing constructive ideas to the continued development and improvement of the program based on the experience and feedback of students.
- Serving as a DSO (Designated School Official) to include reviewing admitted student files for compliance, issuing certificates of eligibility, monitoring international student enrollment, and maintaining appropriate student records for compliance.
- Track and manage each student’s progress through Liaisons CRM.
- Assisting students with F-1 benefits topics including application guidance, employment, extension of stay, reinstatement, travel, status changes, and medical leave, as well as the regulatory maintenance of F-1 status.
- Researching and interpreting complex federal regulations.
- Exhibiting respectful and ethical behavior with students, colleagues, and administrators.
- Participating in continuing education and training to stay current with industry best practices and regulations.
- Adhering to the policies and conduct required by the Employee Handbook.
- Maintaining and updating student records throughput the enrollment process.
- Completing other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Two years of higher education experience.
- Two years of customer service experience.
- Must be U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident to qualify for appointment as a DSO.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record to qualify to operate a vehicle within CMU guidelines.
- Master’s degree preferred from an accredited institution
- Experience working in international operations in higher education.
- Experience working as a DSO preferred.
- Working knowledge of university systems and processes including admissions, registration, advising, financial aid, billing, international student services, and student affairs.
Required to endure the elements of a typical office setting including extended sitting and using a computer for long periods of time. Must lift, carry, and move a minimum of 25 pounds on occasion.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sufficient technological skills to include competency in using an Internet-enabled computer and software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Skilled in interpersonal interactions, critical thinking, problem solving, decision making, organization, and time management.
- Ability to work with a diverse mix of other individuals, programs, departments, and industry professionals by exhibiting diplomacy and cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to facilitate effective verbal and written communication.
- Ability to be flexible with competing priorities.
- Ability to follow written and verbal procedures and instructions.
OTHER INFORMATION AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Periodic travel is required.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends is required.
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, contact information for three references and resume to Human Resources. Applications and instructions are located on the website at www.centralmethodist.edu.
CMU Employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of CMU. Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A background check will be required upon offer of employment. Applications and instructions are located on the university website at www.centralmethodist.edu.