The Library Director coordinates and provides leadership of library personnel, collection development, reference services, technical services, special collections, and other library functions. The faculty of Central Methodist University are committed to fostering a student-centered learning environment with the library staff filling a significant role in creating academic opportunities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that reference services, circulation activities, and other library services are functioning successfully.
- Oversees the selection, purchasing, processing, and discarding of all print and non-print library materials and collections according to the collection development policies and in accordance with accreditation needs for all programs of study.
- Develops, maintains, and strengthens collaborative efforts with consortia and other resource sharing groups.
- Oversees data collection for annual reporting internally and externally including gathering, reviewing, validating, evaluating, and synthesizing data.
- Prepares the library budget; demonstrates effective stewardship of resources and an understanding of the curricular needs of the university.
- Completes evaluations of the library's resources, programming, and services
- Serves on faculty committees as assigned by the Provost as representative of the library.
- Actively participates in professional development and maintains communication and membership within appropriate professional associations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Smiley Library.
- Supervises library staff (4-5 colleagues) by organizing the hiring, scheduling, developing, and evaluating of staff; maintains accurate payroll and leave records of library staff.
- Supervises the timely and accurate processing, cataloguing, and circulation of library resources.
- Integrates principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and cultural competency into operational and curricular elements of the library programming and services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
A Master of Library Science or equivalent degree is required. Significant experience in library services, including progressively responsible experience in leadership roles with impact on institutional success and student success.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods
- Lifting up to 25 pounds
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Web-based platforms
- Library systems
OTHER INFORMATION AND ATTRIBUTES:
This position may require some work in evenings, on weekends, and/or travel.
CMU employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive, and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of Central Methodist University.
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Human Resources. Applications and instructions are located on the website at www.centralmethodist.edu.
CMU Employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of CMU. Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.