Office Manager and Campus Events Coordinator
To provide assistance in office planning, organizing, and administrating campus visit experiences for prospective students and families. This position is responsible to work in a variety of systems, assist in phone answering, data entry, provide internal and external customer service, and assist with miscellaneous office tasks. Assists VP of EM with oversight and all items related to admissions, financial aid and marketing office operations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, organize, and facilitate campus visits, high school visits and college fairs. – 50%
- Utilize Merit, Jenzabar, and EMP systems to create quality guest experiences – 20%
- Provide office support through the completion of miscellaneous tasks – 15%
- Manage the Student Ambassador and Call Center program – 5%
- Manage visit days and admissions programs – 5%
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor – 5%
- Enrollment Management Division budget management and coordination, to include approval and authorization of expenses for admissions, financial aid and marketing.
- Freshman file review and admission decision authority
- Processing and coordination of all letter correspondences for prospects, applicants and admitted students, to include admit decision letters and scholarship award letters
- Manages Timeclock staff time approval and leave request, to include monitoring travel and office schedules for all staff in division.
- Manages the college fair and high school visit schedule
- Coordination and development of all admission reporting, to include troubleshooting and correction of data issues
- Provides oversight to the student ambassador and call center, to include assisting with those duties
- Provides oversight to the Senior Data Analyst, to include assisting with those duties
- Assist with answering incoming calls and greeting visitors to the admissions office
- Assistant to the Vice President for Enrollment Management
- Other duties as assigned by VP of EM or as needed
This role requires the individual to be a self-starter with the ability to show flexibility and ingenuity to ensure visits are put together to fit the needs of Admissions, Athletics, Faculty, Student Ambassadors, and other departments on the CMU main campus. This person will be expected to create, schedule, and communicate the visit structure with all internal and external parties involved.
Managing and assigning duties to student ambassadors and student workers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
Deliver exceptional customer service to internal and external customers. Maintain a positive work attitude and be able to balance multiple tasks at the same time. Expertly plan, orchestrate, and oversee multiple visit requests. The candidate should have experience working in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and be skilled in managing basic office tasks.
Experience working with Jenzabar, EMP, and Merit systems
1 – 2 years experience working in a fast paced office environment
Routinely lift more than 10 pounds and periodically spend extended periods standing or sitting.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
General office equipment skills required
OTHER INFORMATION AND ATTRIBUTES:
This position is set in a typical office work environment. Occasional weekends or evenings may be required.
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Human Resources. Applications and instructions are located on the website at www.centralmethodist.edu.
CMU Employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of CMU. Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.