The position of webmaster is responsible for the support and maintenance of the university website including layout, design, and content updates. The position is also heavily involved in marketing the institution through advertising campaigns, social media, video, and graphic design.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the primary contact for the University website and be responsible for its layout, design, and content updates;
- Ensure that the CMU website delivers a message consistent with institutional marketing efforts;
- Perform maintenance to ensure web links are working properly, meta data is accurate, and pages are proper length for optimal SEO;
- Collaborate with Technology Services staff in order to provide high quality and reliable website and server performance;
- Maintain compliance with regulatory requirements and legal standards;
- Assist in the planning and implementation of all CMU marketing efforts;
- Assist with design and creation of CMU print and digital pieces;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred, with 1-3 years’ experience
Must have the dexterity to use general office equipment, keyboard, telephone etc.
Must be able to sit for extended periods of time at a computer.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive experience with a Content Management System as well as HTML and CSS;
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop;
- Knowledge of and a high comfort level with different social media platforms;
- The ability to think strategically and make good decisions;
- The ability to work well in a fast-paced environment;
- The ability to work without direct supervision and as part of a team.
- Photography, videography, video editing experience is a plus.
Occasional weekends, after-hours work; supports the work of colleagues in achieving the institutional mission and vision; Contributes creatively and in a helpful manner to setting and meeting departmental and institutional goals; Seeks innovative, cost-effective solutions to departmental challenges.
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Human Resources. Applications and instructions are located on the website at www.centralmethodist.edu.
CMU Employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of CMU. Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.