English Adjunct Faculty – Fayette Campus
The CMU English Department invites applications for adjunct faculty positions to teach on our Fayette campus in Fall 2021. Adjunct faculty members will teach courses in College Composition, Advanced Research Writing, and/or Technical Writing. Applications should include a curriculum vitae and a brief cover letter addressing teaching experience and classroom practice.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare for and teach all scheduled classes – 50%
- Grade work and provide feedback to students in a timely manner – 40%
- Provide office hour/time when available to give extra help/answer questions – 5%
- Report and respond to CMU staff as requested – 5%
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
A master’s degree in English (or equivalent) is required.
Teaching experience is preferred.
Ability to sit/stand for the duration of the class meetings. Must be able to speak in a clear and loud voice
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to effectively use email and appropriate Microsoft Office products.
- Familiarity with using a course management system.
- Familiarity with using an iPad and associated apps.
OTHER INFORMATION AND ATTRIBUTES:
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Human Resources. Applications and instructions are located on the website at www.centralmethodist.edu.
CMU Employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of CMU. Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.